UP New Old Age Pension Scheme 2020 – Rs 800 per Month to All Senior Citizens
As per the latest updates from the Uttar Pradesh state government, it plans to introduce a new Pension Scheme. The government has mentioned that the UP New Old Age Pension Scheme 2018 (as is named so far by the government), is a scheme that will offer with benefit to all senior citizens of the state. Under this pension scheme the state government has announced to offer with INR 800 as pension amount. The state government has also compared the new scheme with already existing Samajwadi Pension Yojana.
As per the new statements made the state government has announced to implement the Samajwadi Pension Yojana as the new scheme with upgraded features. The scheme is expected to offer benefit to over 50 lakh people within the state with increased coverage. The scheme for implementation statewide has been announced by the Yogi Sarkar. The state government has also announced that the new scheme will be implemented starting from July to August 2018. The government shall also make the official announcement of the scheme for general public by 15th August 2018 on occasion of Independence Day of the Nation.
Eligibility criteria under the new scheme
One main change made by the state government under this new old age pension scheme 2018 is that it will be implemented with less restrictions for the general public. This is to ensure that more number of people fit into the eligibility criteria under the scheme to take benefit. Apart from this some other general eligibility criteria are mentioned here below:-
- To avail the benefit under the new Old age pension scheme the applicant must be a local resident of the Uttar Pradesh state. He has to be born and bought up in the state.
- The new scheme is a type of pension scheme so it is obvious that the benefit can only be availed by any citizen of the state who is above the age of 60 years. So the candidate should be minimum of 60 years or above to get the benefit of registration online.
- It is also obvious that the applicant must have his or her name registered with the BPL list – Indian Final.
- Apart from this, the government has also announced that any candidate who is holding his permanent residence within the state or is the owner of any two wheeler vehicle is also eligible to apply under this scheme keeping the condition that he or she should clear all the above mentioned eligibility criteria features.
- The benefit will be offered to people belonging to the EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) of the society and BC (Backward Class) of the society.
- To claim for getting registered under this scheme it is important that the candidate much provide with a proof of his domicile within the state. He have to submit a copy of this birth certificate, Leaving certificate, house agreement, Ration card, Voters card or other relevant documents to prove that he is local resident of UP.
- To prove his or her caste or class of the society the candidate will also have to provide with the proof of his caste certificate that is issued by the authorized authorities.
- The candidate will also have to provide with the age proof mentioning his or her age to prove their senior citizenship. This can be documents like birth certificate or LC issued by the school or college.
- If he or she is having ownership of any two wheeler vehicle or household then they have to submit the valid documents stating the ownership and type.
- The candidate also has to provide with the household income proof stating the type of income and total annual income certificate from the authorities.
- One of the main features of this scheme is that it is designed to offer deserving senior citizens with increased amount of pension on monthly basis. Under this scheme the government will offer with INR 50 more pension amount as compared to earlier scheme such that the beneficiaries can claim for INR 800 monthly pension amounts.
- The government has also stated that the scheme will offer with benefit to senior citizens who are coming from Economically Poor Sections of the society. So over 50 lakhs beneficiaries are expected to get benefit under this scheme.
- As per the latest norms the scheme does not have much restrictions imposed so far so more number of people are expected to clear the eligibility criteria under this scheme.
- With an aim to launch the scheme faster in time the state government has already ensured to prepare the frame work for the scheme. The pension would be offered on the basis of the eligibility criteria and income proof.
How to apply for New Old age Pension scheme 2018
- To make the process of implementation of implementation of the scheme more faster the government has announced to offer with provision for online application form via official web portal.
- The new web portal will be set up by the state government where citizens can fill in the application form online and submit the details.
- The forms can be submitted and the process of implementation will be made more transparent for the citizens of the state.
As per the state government, the new scheme is expected to cover more number of senior citizens to avail the benefit of the pension plan. The scheme is also expected to be flag ship of the Yogi sarkar and will offer beneficiaries with maximum transparency. It will offer coverage to each and every deserving candidate.