Saubhagya Yojana (Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana)
What is Saubhagya Yojana ? Today on the eve of Pandit Deendayals Birthday, PM Modi have announced and ambitious power to all scheme. The Scheme is named Saubhagya Yojana. This schemes aims to provide free electricity connection to each and every poor Indian. The deadline has been set to be year 2019.
|Name of the scheme||Saubhagya Yojana|
|Introduced by||PM Modi|
|Objective of the scheme||Free Electricity Connection to all|
|Target group for the scheme||Entire India|
Living in a foreign country is not at all easy, but then are many Indians who have to live in different country for the purpose of work or education. It requires a lot of mental strength to live completely away from family, in a country that is completely new. For most people staying in foreign countries the most common worry is about the security and welfare of their family in India. To help getting rid of such worries the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana has been launched.
This particular insurance plan has been designed specifically with an aim of providing complete security to the families whose family member is living in a foreign country. This insurance scheme helps the Indian citizen living in foreign land to take care of his or her family member who is living in India.
Features of the Yojana
- Under this insurance scheme the coverage would be given to the family members of the insured person who is living abroad for work or studies. In case of any mishap, such as death of the person living abroad or any disability, the family of the insured and the insured person get and assured sum of Rs.2 lakhs.
- The age limit for this scheme is 18 to 60 years.
- Also in case of hospitalization of the insured person in the foreign country, the expense will be taken care by the insurance company. The coverage provided in this case would be up to Rs.50000. Immediate family members will also be covered in case of their hospitalization up to a sum of Rs.10000. Immediate family members would refer to the person’s wife and two minor children who live in India.
- The scheme would also cover the spouse’s maternity charges. After the birth of the baby a coverage of up to Rs.20000 will be given to the spouse of the insured.
- This scheme will also take care of the repatriation expenses from the foreign country to India in case of sudden death of the insured, termination of the employment contract, etc. The insured person will be covered with the flight seat charge are well. In case of death of the person insured, the charges of the transportation of the body will be taken care by the insurance company.
- Under this insurance scheme instances like self-harm will not be covered. Also termination of employment contract due to forged documents will not be covered.
- The scheme will not cover harm caused due to terrorist attack or sexually transmitted diseases.
- In case of maternity benefits, one has to wait for a minimum period of 30 days which may go up to a period of 3 to 4 years in some cases, to get the benefits.