PM Kisan Maandhan Pension Yojana (PMKMY) 2019-20 [Eligibility Criteria, How to apply, Premium Chart, Registration Form Online Download, Amount, List, Guidelines, Last date, Exit Policy, Documents]
The financial condition of farmers in the country is not secured. Once they reach a certain age, these farmers lose the ability to work, which hinders their income as well. They become dependent on other financially. The Modi government has launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana to ensure a specific pension amount for the needy farmers. Even common people can become a part of this pension scheme. In this article, you will read about the features, eligibility, documentations and application-related details.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana or PM-KMY|
|Launched by||Narendra Modi|
|Announced by||Narendra Singh Tomar|
|Date of launch||2018 – 2019|
|Date of registration announcement||August 2019|
|Venue of announcement||Krishi Bhawan|
|Supervised by||Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare|
Key features of the PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana
- Objective –
Farmers are financially weak, and require all the economic support that the state and central governments can provide. With the launch of this pension project, the central government will ensure that aged farmers get a specific monetary allowance in their bank accounts.
- Pension scheme for farmers –
The details of this social and financial welfare scheme highlight that it has been implemented with the single purpose of offering agricultural workers with a set pension.
- Pension amount –
Under this scheme, any beneficiary will be able to secure a pension of Rs. 3000 per month.
- Pension scheme activation age –
Once the beneficiary attains the age of 60 years, LIC will activate the pension account and he/she will attain the monthly grant.
- Range of contribution amount –
The monthly amount that has to be contributed by the beneficiary will depend on the current age from when he/she applies for the project. However, estimates highlight that the minimum contribution amount is as low as Rs. 55, while the upper limit of the deposit will not be more than Rs. 250.
- Beneficiary-central contribution –
The premium payment will be shared by the beneficiary and the central government. It means, if the beneficiary deposits a certain amount in the pension fund, the central government will also contribute the same amount in the beneficiary’s account.
- Family pensioner –
The scheme will not only offer pension to the registered farmer, but in case the beneficiary dies, the spouse will be entitled to attain a family pension. In that case, the pension amount will be 50% of the actual amount. The spouse will get Rs. 1500 from the pension scheme on a monthly basis.
- Pension scheme supervision –
During the official declaration of this pension project, the respective minister mentioned that the central government has vested the responsibilities of managing and monitoring the scheme on LIC.
Eligibility of the Kisan Pension Yojana
- Residents of India –
It is mandatory for the interested applicant to be a permanent citizen of India.
- Marginal and small farmers only –
The pension project is not for all categories of farmers. Small and marginal agricultural workers will only get the permission to attain these pension benefits.
- Land measurement requirement –
In case the farming land, registered in the name of the farmer, measures more than 2 hectares, then that individual cannot apply and get the pension benefits.
- BPL candidates –
All agricultural labors, whose names come under the BPL list can register for this scheme and contribute towards their pension funds.
- Age requirements –
The scheme guidelines strictly highlight that to become a beneficiary under this pension project, the applicant must not be less than 18 years of age. In case the person’s age exceeds 40 years, then he/she will be barred from entering the scheme.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents
- Aadhar card, ration card and voter card
- Certificate from the Farmer’s Association
- Land registration and measurement documents
- BPL certificate
- Age proof documents
How to get registration form and apply for PM Kisan Mandhan Pension?
- The poor and rural farmers do not possess much information about the computer and the internet. Thus, the central government has opted for offline registration procedure.
- For offline application, applicants must go to the Common Service Center or the Nodal Office in the respective state.
- Applicants need to bring the original documents and a photocopy of each official paper.
- The CSCs agents will help the applicants with registration process.
- They have access to software that has the database, and all registrations will be done through this software.
- Once the candidates reach the CSC, he/she must handover the photocopies of the necessary documents.
- The agents will match these will the originals, and scrutinize these through the software.
- Then the agents will fill in a digitized application form with the details of the person.
- Once the application form has been filled, it will be submitted online, through the software.
- The agent will then make the first premium payment through a separate account, on behalf of the applicant.
- The candidate must pay the same amount to the agent.
- After this, the CSC agent will issue a scheme pass that contains the beneficiary details and registration ID.
Premium Chart –
|Enter age||Beneficiary Contribution (in Rs)||Central Government Contribution (in Rs)||Total Contribution (in Rs)|
Central and state government employees get a secure amount at pension once they attain the retirement age. The same facility is not available for the poor and needy farmers. The introduction of this pension scheme will assist financial weak beneficiaries to meet their requirements to some extent.
Other links –
- YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme Andhra Pradesh
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan Pension Yojana Form
- UP New Old Age Pension Scheme Check Status