MaherGhar scheme Maharashtra 2019-20 [Eligibility, How to Apply]
The government of Maharashtra has launched a scheme called ‘Maherghar’ in 2011. The scheme is to support the pregnant women live in the tribal and remote areas like hilly region of the state. The ‘Maherghar’ scheme was implemented at 90 PHCs in Palghar, Nandurbar, Nashik, Nanded, Yavatmal, Amravati, Gondiya, Chandrapur, and Gadchiroli districts. More than 3,000 women came under the coverage during the year. The scheme is beneficial for scientific delivery to reduce the chances of mother and child death in tribal areas. The launch details of the scheme are given below in the tabular form.
The launch details
|Name of the scheme||Maherghar Scheme|
|Health Minister Eknath Shinde|
|The pregnant marginal women from tribal community|
|Area of implementation
|Palghar, Nandurbar, Nashik, Nanded, Yavatmal, Amravati, Gondiya, Chandrapur, and Gadchiroli districts|
|Responsible department||National Health Mission, Maharashtra|
Key features of the scheme
- Having difficult roads in remote areas, pregnant women face difficulties reaching out to the hospitals on time. The scheme enables the pregnant women to get admitted to the health centers four to five days before giving the birth.
- They are given full service under the Maherghar scheme. Under the National Health Mission, this service is currently being implemented in tribal and mountainous 90 health institutes.
- The scheme is being organized in 13 health institutes in Palghar district of Thane.
- This scheme is being implemented in two health centers in Nashik district, 10 health institutes in Nandurbar district and three health institutions in Nanded district of Latur region.
- In Akola district, two schemes have been implemented in Yavatmal district and nine health institutions in Amravati district.
- In Gondia district, 13 are in Chandrapur district, Gadchiroli district has the highest 31 primary health centers in the country.
- The scheme has increased the childcare facilities in remote areas due to Maherghar plan as presumed by the Health Minister.
- The Maherghar scheme is beneficial for pregnant women in tribal areas. This scheme was implemented by the government of Maharashtra to prevent death of child and the mother.
- This scheme is effective for reducing mother and child death due to increase in proper monitoring over the remote areas.
- According to the Health Minister Eknath Shinde, under the scheme, pregnant women are going to be paid Rs 200 as daily dip for wages.
- The absence of contact facilities in the remote areas due to absence of ambulance cannot be done in time, the health minister said that due to ‘motherhood’ the pregnant women are being admitted four to five days in advance.
The eligibility criteria for the scheme
- The scheme applicable only for the marginal women who are pregnant.
- The tribal women of the state will come under the scheme.
- The women from Palghar, Nandurbar, Nashik, Nanded, Yavatmal, Amravati, Gondiya, Chandrapur, and Gadchiroli districts are eligible for the scheme.
- The scheme is only applicable for the women who live in the rough terrain of the above mentioned districts where the health facilities are poor.
- The income of the family should not exceed 200 rupees per day will get the benefit of the scheme.
- The pregnant tribal needs to have bank account in order to get the money.
How to apply for the scheme?
- In order become the beneficiary of the scheme the women requires to submit their caste certificate to the authority.
- The tribal women need to submit their health certificate that proves their pregnancy.
- In order to receive the money the women needs to submit the bank account number, and BPL card that represents their actual economic condition.
- Apart from that, the women are requires submitting their identity card in order to prove that they are the legal citizens of India.
- As the scheme is implemented for residents of Maharashtra, the candidates need to produce their ration card.
- The application procedure is done offline; the candidate needs to visit to the nearest health center.
Lastly, the scheme is working towards the marginal women and their child. According to the report, in 2018 approximately 2650 healthy deliveries had done under the Maherghar scheme Maharashtra. The scheme is able to solve the complicated pregnancy of the tribal women, and the mortality rate of infants and mothers have significantly reduced.
Other links –