Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Odisha (MBPY) 2020 [Application Form Online, Eligibility, List, Amount]
The government of Odisha has named its state pension scheme with a peculiar name and would be now known as Madhu Babu Pension Yojana. The scheme would provide pension to additional three lakh people in the state of Odisha. This would be effective the year 2008. The pension under the scheme would be provided to handicapped, widows and old age people.
Previous to this scheme, the pension from state was being provided to nearly six lakh people throughout the state. These were the differently enabled people and helpless ones those were living below poverty line. The pension amounted to Rs 200 per month.
Eligibility for Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
In order to be eligible for Madhu Babu Pension Yojana, an individual has to have the following conditions:
- Should be 60 years or above
- Or, should be a widow (in this case age is no bar)
- Or should be a patient of leprosy and the signs of deformity should be apparently visible (in this case, age is no bar)
- Or, the person should be above the age of five years and should not be in a condition to carry out his normal day to day activity. That implies that the person could be either cerebral palsy, mentally retarded, orthopedically handicapped, blindness disability or apparent deformity, etc.
- Or, the person could be a widow suffering from AIDS disease, irrespective of the age.
- The income of family of anyone wanting to avail pension facility under Madhu Babu Pension Yojana should not be more than Rs 24,000 annually. The tahsildar of his/her area should certify the same.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the state of Odisha
- The applicant should not avail any other pension scheme under any state of union government scheme or organization.
What is the payout under Madhu Babu Pension Yojana?
- The pension for applicants under the age group of 60 to 79 years would be Rs 300 per month and those above the age of 80 years would be Rs 500 per month as pension
- The pension normally gets transferred on 15th of every month to the beneficiary account. It could also be disbursed on the Jan Seva Diwas in any denomination of Rs 100 at the Gram Panchayat Office or Block Development Office.
The above scheme is a classical scheme for supporting those who are either challenged by life or living under poverty line. Such initiatives would be able to provide some relief if not livelihood for those who have no other source of income at the old age.