Ganga Swarupa Yojana in Gujarat 2020 (Eligibility, Pension Amount, Beneficiary List, Online Application Form Download)
Many women do not have the necessary education to earn their own livelihood. They need to depend on others. The financial condition of needy widows, disabled women and aged female is rather miserable. In an attempt to offer financial respite to such candidates, the Gujarat government implemented the Ganga Swarupa Yojana. It is a pension scheme for the women. Recently, some changes were made in the scheme guidelines. Read this article if you want details of this scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
Name of the scheme
Ganga Swaroop Beheno Ne Sahayata Yojana or Ganga Swarupa Yojana
Former name of the scheme
Vidhva Sahay Yojna
Date of announcement
2018 – 2019
Date of implementation
Widows, disabled and aged women
Women and Child Development of Gujarat
Key features of the scheme
- Development of women – The Gujarat government implemented this scheme for the betterment of the widows. Then, aged women and disabled female candidates were also included in the project.
- Pension amount – During the initial implementation of the scheme, the beneficiaries used to receive Rs. 1000. The Gujarat government has revised the pension amount, and announced that the beneficiaries will obtain Rs. 1,250. The guideline was made operational from April 2019.
- Payment frequency – As it is a pension scheme, the beneficiaries will get the stipulated amount in their bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Payment mode – During the official announcement of the scheme, the Chief Minister mentioned that every beneficiary will attain the pension in the bank account, via Direct Benefit Transfer method.
- Number of beneficiaries – After the revision of certain eligibility criteria, the Gujarat government officials pointed out that the beneficiary number had escalated from 1.64 lakh to a whopping 3.70 lakh.
- Implementation – The state government took the necessary steps to ensure successful implementation of this pension project in all the 33 districts at the same time.
Eligibility for the applicants
- Residents of the state – It has been highlighted in the scheme draft that the state government will accept the enrollment request of those who are reside in Gujarat legally and permanently.
- Widows can apply – If any woman has lost her husband, then she can register for this scheme.
- Not for women who remarry – If a widow remarries after the death of her husband, then the state government will bar such candidates from attaining the benefits of this scheme.
- Disabled women – The project will also allow the participation of women who suffer from any type of physical or mental disability.
- Aged women – The Chief Minister of Gujarat has mentioned that the women, who have attained the age of 60 years, will also attain the monthly pension.
- Income criterion – The scheme guidelines state that women, living in villages, must not have an annual income that is more than Rs. 1,20,000. This limit has been fixed at Rs. 1, 50,000 annually for the women, who live in the cities.
- Focus on BPL candidates – The Chief Minister had also pointed out that stress will be given to ensure that more women, belonging to the BPL category get the perks of this scheme.
- Bank account is necessary – The pension transfer process will not be successful if the applicant does not have a bank account.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – A copy of the legal residential proof is necessary for obtaining the financial perks of this scheme.
- Identification proof – The interested and eligible candidates must submit a copy of their Aadhar Cards with the registration form.
- Death certificate of the husband – If the applicant wants to get the widow pension, then she must submit a copy of the death certificate of her husband.
- Disability certificate – Women, who suffer from any disability, will have to submit a medical certificate that highlights the nature and degree of disability. The head of a government hospital must issue such disability certificates.
- Age proof – Applicants, which desire to attain the pension on the grounds of age, will have to provide adequate age proof documents.
- Income certificate – The applicant must acquire an income certificate, issued by the local authority. If the candidate fails to offer this document, then her enrollment request will be rejected.
- BPL certificate – If the woman falls in the BPL category, then she needs to attach a photocopy of the BPL certificate with the application form.
- Bank account details – It is necessary that the candidate attaches the photocopy of the account detail page of the account pass book. These details will assist the state government department to deposit the pension amount.
How to get enrollment form and apply for the project?
- Official portal – The Gujarat state government had not launched a separate site for this scheme. However, the interested applicants can log in on the Gujarat government portal to attain the information. To get to this portal, you need to click on the link https://gujaratindia.gov.in/.
- Application form – The women, who match the eligibility and desire to acquire the scheme benefits, will have to click on the link that highlights the name of the scheme.
- Access to information and digitized application form – Clicking on this link will highlight the details of the project. The applicants can attain the digitized application form from this page.
- Download the form – The PDF version of the application form makes it easy for the applicants to download it. Once the candidate has downloaded the form, she needs a printout.
- Filling up the registration form – The application form has various sections. The candidate must fill in the form with relevant information. She needs to paste a photograph in the marled box.
- Document attachment – After the enrollment form has been filled with the details, the applicant must attach the necessary documents with it.
- Submission of the form – The applicant can submit the enrollment document at the office of the Gram Panchayat or the Block Development Office, if she resides in a rural area. The women, living in cities, can submit the form at the Municipality Office.
The beneficiaries can use the money for meeting their requirements. The monetary assistance will help in uplifting the quality of life of the needy women. The state government officials have pointed out that the Chief Minister may revise the guidelines to ensure than more candidates obtain the perks of this scheme.
Other links –