Free Jio Phone Booking Online process using jio.com from 24th August 2017
Jio Phone is a feature phone from Reliance Industries which is launched at zero cost. Yes, as promised, Jio has come with its free 4G VoLTE handset. Earlier this phone was supposed to release in January but it launched in July.
This phone launched at 11am on 21st July, 2017. On this very day itself, Mukesh Ambani announced that this phone will start coming out from September onwards. But you can start booking this phone from 24th August itself. A very few handful of handsets will also come out on 15th August, but that is for Beta Testing and only select few will get their hands on it.
As per the makers, every week 5 million people will get this phone on their hands. This means that you can expect the phone to reach you each week. It is going to work on a first come, first serve basis. The expected delivery date is from the first week of September.
Jio Phone features and specifications
- SIM: It has only one SIM slot. This means that you can only use one Jio SIM card on this phone. It has to be a GSM SIM card too.
- Body: It is going to come in a bar shape, in black color. Its basic body will contain a 2.40 inches screen. There will be a keypad, a headset jack and microphone.
- Display: The 2.4’’ screen does not have touch feature but it embodies 240 x 320 pixels resolution.
- Camera: It will have a 2MP camera on the rear end, but without flash feature. You can’t make video calls because there won’t be a front camera on this phone.
- Storage: It shall come with 4GB internal memory and a microSD card with expandable storage options.
- Connectivity: It will come with Bluetooth, NFC, headphones, FM and 4G connectivity. It won’t feature 2G SIMs. SIMs with 3G capacity is the lowest bandwidth on this phone.
- Battery: It will come with a 2000 mAh battery capacity. The standby time and talktime is unknown but we can assume it will have a standard talktime of 24 hours.
Jio Phone booking process
- Right now the online booking process hasn’t opened up yet. All you can do is go to jio.com and click on the “keep me posted” button displayed at the bottom of the smartphone.
- You can also visit https://www.jio.com/en-in/jp-keep-me-posted or http://www.jiofreephone.com/ directly and see the form – fill it out with your details like name, email and phone number.
- Once your registration is complete, you will get an email and a message and a person from Jio team will contact you. You can talk to that person asking him or her about the booking process.
Jio Phone Data Plan and Security Deposit
Jio Phone is going to give you the chance to earn this phone for free provided you deposit Rs. 1500 initially. This amount is refundable after 3 years. As far as the plans are concerned, the standard plan for this phone is of Rs. 153 – in which you will get 500MB data per day for 28 days. But you can also avail Rs. 24 pack to get free data for 2 days. A Rs. 54 recharge will give you free data for a week.