Atal Pension Yojana in Punjab National Bank
Atal Pension Yojana is quite a relevant scheme for those citizens of India who are either unemployed or working in unorganized sector and nor covered under any formal social security scheme. This way, they can secure their old age and contribute towards it right from an early age.
Who can apply for Atal Pension Yojana?
Any Indian national who is not getting benefits under other social security schemes is eligible for Atal Pension Yojana. The subscriber must be older than 18 years and younger than 40 years. There are not much documents required for joining the scheme. Just a document of identification and age proof are enough to furnish with application form.
Where can you apply for Atal Pension Yojana?
Almost every public sector bank and popular private sector banks are opening accounts under the prestigious scheme. Punjab National Bank, one of the leading public sector banks is certainly one of the centers where you can walk in and subscribe for Atal Pension Scheme.
How to join Atal Pension Yojana in Punjab National Bank?
- Once you walk in to any of the PNB branch, you can ask the reception to give you the application form for Atal Pension Yojana.
- Fill the application form in neat and tidy handwriting
- Input the account details from which you wish to auto-debit the premium every month
- Attach required KYC documents with the application form
- Furnish Aadhar number, if you already have it. Even if you don’t have an Aadhar number, you can still join the Atal Pension Yojana.
- Once you have done all of the above, submit the form to the concerned executive and get it cross checked for any possible flaws in the form.
- The executive would confirm your subscription to the Atal Pension Yojana and thereafter your premiums would be deducted automatically from your saving account
- Make sure to maintain a minimum balance in your saving account so that the amount of premium gets deducted every month on its own.
- Do not forget to input your working mobile number in the form as that would be the primary point of contact for your subscription
Atal Pension Yojana is a good initiative started by the government of India to ensure that those who are working in unorganized and private sectors and not covered under any social security enjoy a safe and secure old age. The premium to be paid within the scheme is quite insignificant and anyone can join the scheme. It is all a matter of proactive approach that would ensure you a good future ahead.