Acharya Balshastri Jambhekar Sanman Yojana (ABJSY) in Maharashtra
The approval for Acharya Balshastri Jambhekar Sanman Yojana 2019 has been given by the Maharashtra government. The main aim of the scheme is to provide benefit to senior journalists of the state. This is known to be a pending demand of the media department.
Launch details of scheme
|Name of the scheme||Acharya Balshastri Jambhekar Sanman Yojana|
|Announced by||Maharashtra state government|
|Scheme type||Pension Scheme|
|Target beneficiaries||Senior journalists from media department|
|Pension amount||Soon update|
Key features of scheme
- Aim – The main objective of the scheme is to provide pension scheme to the senior journalist of the state.
- Pension amount – The total pension amount under the Acharya Balshastri Jambhekar Sanman Yojana will be decided by Maharashtra government.
- Budget – The state government has given rupees 15 crore provision for proper implementation of the scheme. Recently, the Maharashtra government has announced for the implementation of the scheme on account of rising demand from the journalists.
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
- Experience of the journalist – All experienced journalist are allowed to apply for this scheme. Also, photographers, editors, journalists broadcast media and freelancers are allowed to apply to avail the benefits of this scheme.
- Age limit – The eligible journalists should attain the age of 60 years in order to get the benefits of the scheme.
- Professional experience – The journalists should have completed 30 years in this field of media as a journalist to avail the benefits of the scheme. Sources of income – The journalist have to submit their income details and ensure that this is their only source of income.
- Requirement of EPF – Without the existence of Employee Provident Fund or EPF, the candidate will not be able to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Income tax payee – The journalist opting to avail benefits of the pension scheme should not be paying income tax.
- Duration of the pension – The pension amount will be given to the journalist only during their lifetime. In addition, the benefits of the scheme will not be extended after their death.
Documents required and application process
- Document verification – To avail the benefits of the scheme, the beneficiaries have to submit required documents in their nearby district information center. After submission of the documents, each of them will be scrutinized by the higher authority and public relations. The final decision will be taken by the committee and select the eligible candidates.
- Income certificate – The person applying for the scheme should have journalism as their only source of income. They have to produce related documents when applying for this scheme.
- Experience certificate – The person applying for the scheme should have a minimum experience of 30 years in this field.
- Age proof – The journalist have to attain the age of 60 to get the benefits of the scheme.
Application Form Process
However, no such application process of the scheme has been detailed by the state government. As soon as it comes out, the target beneficiaries will be the first one to know about it.
Therefore, by proper implementation of the scheme, senior journalists will be able to get pension throughout their lifetime. The necessary documents will be required by the higher authority to check the background of the candidates applied for the scheme.