AP YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Card 2020 (Login, Status, How to Apply Online, Download Form, Eligibility)
In 2016, the Andhra Pradesh government announced a special health insurance scheme for the members of the vulnerable communities. However, the present state government, under the leadership of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy made several changes in the scheme to increase its effectiveness. The name of the scheme was changes to YSR Aarogyasri Scheme. The project was launched in June 2029, and the implementation is scheduled for 2020. The state government will offer financial support to the patients, during and post treatment in the enlisted hospitals. It is the health insurance policy and the beneficiate will have to apply for renewal after the policy term gets over. Here are some important details about the scheme card that you ought to know.
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has announced that all the beneficiaries of this scheme will get a pass. The name of this beneficiary pass is Aarogyasri Card. It will be issued by the state government for free. The card will contain the name, address and the Aadhaar Code of the beneficiary. Additionally, the card will also highlight the registration number and the policy term. These details will assist the hospital authority to maintain the details of the patients. The beneficiary will also know when he/she needs to renew the policy. The beneficiaries can produce the card and attain treatment of up to Rs. 2.5 lakhs for free. Additionally, post-treatment grant of Rs.1000 will also be offered to these patients. Applicants can call on the toll free helpline number 104 to get the details of this card and the scheme.
Most of the secondary and tertiary ailments have been covered under this health scheme. The Chief Minister stated that the beneficiaries will be able to opt for around 1040 operations, free of cost, in the empaneled hospitals. You can acquire more information on the diseases covered on the official portal. You can get to this website by clicking on the link ysraarogyasri.ap.gov.in.
How will be eligible for the card?
- For legal inhabitants of the state – If any applicant wants to attain the perks of this scheme, he/she needs to be a legal and permanent resident of the state. Submission of the residential proof documents is a must during application.
- Family income criterion – The state government will allow the participation of those applicants, who have a yearly family income that does not cross the Rs. 5 lakh mark.
- BPL applicants only – The scheme perks will be offered to those applicants, who fall in the BPL category.
- White ration card holders – It has been highlighted in the eligibility guidelines that the interested applicants must have white ration cards, which have been issued by the state government.
- Medical documents – As the state government will offer a monthly grant to purchase the post-treatment medicines, the applicants need to be under constant medical monitoring. The prescription, issued by the doctors of the empaneled hospitals must be offered during application.
- Land ownership – The eligibility list also highlights that the interested applicant will not be allowed to attain the benefits of this scheme, if he/she own more than 35 acres of land.
What is the application process to attain the Aarogyasri Card?
- Simple offline application process –
People, living in the villages, do not have access to the internet. So, online application will become an issue for them. Thus, the Andhra Pradesh government has opted for the straightforward offline registration.
- New card as per YSR Navasakam Scheme –
Recently, the Andhra Pradesh authority has implemented the YSR Navasakam Scheme. Under this scheme, volunteers will be dispatched in the rural areas to conduct door to door surveys.
- Collection of data –
It will be the responsibility of the volunteers to collect the details of the homeowners.
- Data assessment –
Once the data has been fed into the system, the officials will analyze it and highlight the names of the residents who are eligible to attain the benefits of the Aarogyasri Scheme.
- New scheme card –
These beneficiaries will be given new scheme cards, which contain their details.
- Application form –
If an applicant wants to apply personally, then he/she needs to click on the link . The candidate will get access to the Aarogyasri application form.
- Download the form –
The registration form is in the PDF format. It means one can click on the download button and get the document.
- Get a print out –
Once the application form download is complete, the candidate must get a print out.
- Form fill-up –
The candidate must fill in the form with the correct information. He/she need to attach a photograph in the space provided in the document.
- Attach important documents –
After filling up the form, the candidate needs to attach the photocopies of the documents, which will be used for background checking.
- Submitting the application form –
The candidate can submit the enrollment form in the office of the Gram Panchayat. Villagers can also submit the form at the BDO’s office. If the applicant stays in the urban locality, then he/she can submit the documents at the Municipal office.
- Verification of the documents –
The registration forms will be sent to the respective state department. The officers will check and scrutinize the details. After this, they will create the final beneficiary list.
- Issuance of the scheme cards –
Once the receiver list is complete, the officers will issue the scheme cards in the name of the beneficiaries. These cards will be sent to the beneficiaries via post.
The primary objective of this health insurance scheme is to ensure that the poor and needy people in the state get proper treatment. Individuals, belonging to financially unsound families cannot afford expensive treatments. With the implementation of this health insurance policy, such applicants need not worry about financial burdens. They can attain treatment in the listed hospitals and the state government will pay for the procedures.
Other links –