Vidhva Sahay Yojana in Gujarat 2020 (Eligibility, Application form Online, List, Selection process, Pension Amount, Portal, Check Status, helpline number)
Most widows do not have any source of income. They have to depend on others for financial support. The Gujarat state government has announced a new pension scheme for needy widows in the state. With the implementation of the Vidhva Sahay Yojana or Vidhva Pension Yojana, the state government will offer a pension amount to the beneficiaries. If you want to know more about this scheme, then read this article.
Vidhva Sahay Yojana Launch details
Name of the scheme
Vidhva Sahay Yojana or Vidhva Pension Yojana
Date of announcement
2020 – 2021
Date of implementation
Offline registration mode
Social Security Department of Gujarat
|Contact number||1800 233 5500|
Key features of the Vidhva Sahay Yojna
- Social security – The main aim of the Gujarat government is to provide social security to the widows, living in the state.
- Financial assistance – With this pension scheme, the state government will pave the path for financial security and independence for the needy widows.
- Pension amount – The Gujarat government will soon declare the pension amount that beneficiaries will receive.
- Frequency of payment – The beneficiary will get the state-sponsored pension each month.
- Mode of payment – To ensure that the pension reaches the beneficiary on time, the state government has opted for the Direct Benefit Transfer mode. The money will be deposited in the beneficiary’s bank account.
- Application fee – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that the applicant will have to pay Rs. 20 as an enrollment fee.
Eligibility for applicants
- Resident of the state – The primary requirement to become a beneficiary of this program is to be legal and permanent resident of Gujarat.
- For widows only – Only the registered widows will be permitted to enroll and get the perks of this pension scheme.
- Age requirement – To obtain the perks of this project, the applicant must fall in the age bracket of 18 and 60 years.
- Financial background – The Chief Minister of Gujarat highlighted that the aim of the scheme is to reach out to financial weak widows, which fall in the BPL category.
- Bank account – All applicants, desirous of receiving the monthly pension must have a bank account.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – An official document that highlights the residential status of the widow is necessary as well.
- Identification proof – Copies of voter card and Aadhar card will be used by the authority for background checking.
- Age proof – Due to the age criterion, it is imperative that the applicants produce a document that highlights their age.
- Income certificate – An interested candidate must approach the local authority and get an income certificate issued. This document will come in handy during final beneficiary selection.
- BPL certificate – All candidates must attach a copy of the BPL certificate, with the registration form.
- Husband’s death certificate – A photocopy of the husband’s death certificate, issued by the village panchayat or municipal office.
- Widow certificate – The applicant needs to attach a photocopy of the widow certificate, issued by the local authority.
- Affidavit – It is mandatory for the applicant to submit an affidavit, during enrollment.
- Bank account details – The applicant must provide the details of the bank account to aid the pension transfer process.
How to register for the Vidhva Sahay Yojana Gujarat –
- Offline registration – To ensure that most widows get the benefits of this scheme, Gujarat government has opted for an offline registration mode.
- Download the form – Interested candidates will have to click on the link. It will give them access to the PDF form that can be downloaded easily.
- Form fill-up – After downloading the form, candidates must obtain a printout. Then they need to fill-in the document with correct details.
- Attach important documents – A photocopy of every document, mentioned above must be attached with the registration form.
- Form submission – After completing the above-mentioned procedures, the form must be submitted at the municipal office, gram panchyat or the block development office.
The implementation of this pension scheme will offer a steady sum to needy women. The financial support will bring a smile on the faces of such women, who have to lean on others for monetary assistance.
Other links –
- मध्य प्रदेश विकलांग पेंशन योजना
- Anaaj Kharid Portal Punjab
- Vahali Dikri Scheme Gujarat
- Ganga Swarupa Yojana in Gujarat