Vahali (Vahli) Dikri Yojana Gujarat 2019-20 (Beloved Dear Daughter Scheme) [Eligibility Criteria, Application Form Download Online Offline, Amount, Installment, How to apply) Financial Assistance to girl child
Gujarat state government has initiated for the launch of vahali dikri yojana for the betterment of the condition of girl child in the state. As per the rules of the scheme, the family of girl child will be given financial assistance for two daughters in three installments. This shall help improve their condition and eradicate problems of child marriage and the like. Read the following part of the article to know about eligibility criteria and other relevant details of the vahali dikri yojana in Gujarat.
Launch details of scheme
|Name of scheme||Vahali Dikri Yojana|
|Target group of scheme||First and Second daughters of the family|
|Main objective of scheme||To Empower Girl child|
|Scheme launched by||Gujarat State Govt.|
|Type of Scheme||Scheme benefiting girl child|
|Mode of application||Available both online and offline|
|Total Amount||1 Lakh 10 Thousand|
Highlighting features of Vahali Dikri Yojana
- Main aim of scheme – The main target of the scheme is to eliminate mortality rate of girl child. Also, it will help reduce of problems of child marriage. Instead, the scheme will help to promote girl child ration in the state and help in betterment of girl education.
- Target group of the scheme – The first and second daughters of poor families in the state are the target group. Also, the scheme will cover up girl child belonging to both urban and rural areas.
- Government’s assistance for the scheme – The financial help will be given by Gujarat government to families having girl child. As per the rules of the scheme, the family can get the benefit up to two daughters of the same family. With the help of financial help, the parents can help girl child pursue their education properly. This way, it will be easy to reduce the chances of school drop-outs.
- Financial help given to beneficiary’s family – The state government will finance the poor families so that they can send their girl child to school. By this, it will be possible to get rid of the social evils and provide better living conditions for the girls of the state. However, every registered beneficiary will get rupees Rs.1, 10,000.
- Amount allotment under the scheme – The government will provide a total of rupees 133 crores in favor of the above-said scheme. The beneficiary family will get the financial help from the state government in three installments.
- Three installment of financial help – As the girl child takes admission in class 1, they will be given rupees 4000. Upon joining 9th standard, they will get rupees 6000. After passing class 12, they will get rupees 1 lakh in their banks.
Eligibility Criteria for Vahali Dikri Yojana Gujarat
- Native of Gujarat – Thefamilies applying for the scheme benefits should be native of Gujarat. As the scheme has been introduced in Gujarat, citizens from other states will not be allowed to avail the scheme benefits.
- Economically backward groups – Applicants belonging to BPL group can take advantage of the scheme benefit. Also, the EWS or economically weaker sections can apply for this scheme. Therefore, financially vulnerable citizens of the state can get scheme benefits.
- Income limit – The annual income of the family opting for the scheme benefit should not have annual income more than rupees 2 lakhs. Also, beneficiary family should not be income taxpayers.
- High-school goers – Only the students who have completed their high school education are eligible to apply for the scheme benefits. Besides, the applicant getting the scheme benefit should not be receiving help from any other government-sponsored scheme.
Documents required under the scheme
- Identity proof – As Identity proof, candidates have to provide documents like PAN card, Driving license, Voter ID card, or Aadhaar card for proper identification will be required. It shall help to check whether the candidate belongs to the state or not.
- Bank details – As the beneficiary amount will be transferred directly to beneficiaries bank account, it should be linked. Therefore, beneficiaries should provide bank account number, IFSC code and other relevant bank details.
- Income certificate – The income certificate should be given to check the income details of the candidate. This will help to know whether the family is eligible to get the scheme benefits or not.
- School admission documents – Only the students who have passed high school or studying in high school can get scheme benefits. So, they have to produce school admission documents or passing mark sheets to register for the scheme.
- BPL certificate – To justify the claim of the families, they have to provide BPL certificate. This will be checked by higher authorities before the family is selected to get scheme benefits.
- Residential proof –As suitable residential proof, valid passport, utility bill, property tax, Aadhaar card and the like should be produced.
Online Portal Application Form for Vahali Dikri Yojana Gujarat
As the above mentioned scheme is a newly launched one by Gujarat state government, the website of the scheme is yet to come up. Also, the state government has not yet declared the application procedure. But as soon as it comes up, the beneficiaries will be the first one to know about it.
How to apply for vahali dikri yojana Gujarat scheme via offline mode?
- Step 1:
To avail scheme benefits,the girl’s family can visit Department of Women and Child Development, Gujarat and gather further details to apply for the scheme.
- Step 2:
You can ask for the application form and fill it up by providing correct details. Along with the application form, you have to provide above-said related documents for proper verification.
- Step 3:
After the beneficiary has been selected, the submitted documents will be scrutinized by higher authority. The candidates have to fulfill the mentioned eligibility criteria to become part of the scheme.
- Step 4:
The documents will be certified by the Tehsil Officer which will be sent to District Welfare Officer. After applying, the girl’s family shall receive confirmation notification to avail the scheme benefits.
Therefore, this new initiative take by Gujarat state government will be of immense help to eradicate girl mortality rate. This, in turn, will help to improve the condition of girl child in the state. The higher authorities are trying their best for effective implementation of the scheme.
Other links –