Steps to Update Aadhar in Atal Pension Yojana Account
The finance ministry has now said that it is mandatory to link your Aadhar card details to obtain the benefits of Atal Pension Yojana Scheme. The process of linking Aadhar card to bank account is very simple. If you do this once, you don’t have to do it again and again and in future with the same account. So you can take more schemes in future without worrying about Aadhar card linkage.
How to link Bank account to Aadhar card?
The pension under Atal Pension Yojana benefits, will directly reach your bank account. The account, with which you have Atal Pension Yojana, must be linked with your Aadhar Card. So this can be done in four ways – first, by updating the Aadhar card details online, second, by physically visiting the bank branch and filling out a form, third, you can link it through your ATM card and fourth, you can do it via SMS.
Online Process To Link Bank account
If you have internet connection at your home, then you can go online to connect your Aadhar card to your bank account without much hassle. But make sure you have applied for internet banking facilities. This is because some banks want your net banking login credentials to link your Aadhar card to bank account. So if you haven’t got net banking, then you need to apply in your nearest branch for it. It will also help you transfer money via digital payment method. Rest assured, this is an easy process to link your Aadhar card to any bank account –
- Go to the official portal of your bank. For SBI account holders it will be onlinesbi.com. You can check out other websites for ICICI bank, etc. But the basic method will remain the same.
- After you have gone to the portal, go to the net banking section. For SBI account holders, you will simply have to enter your login credentials and password to enter. For others, click on “Net Banking” on the web portal you have opened.
- Now fill out the CRN number, password, User ID and Customer ID. Once you have entered these things, you will see an option that asks you to “link Aadhar card details” or “Aadhar card seeding.”
- Click on the “Update/Link Aadhar card” button. Enter your 12 digit Aadhar card in the new page that opens. Click on the “Verify” button. Don’t worry if it asks you to enter the value another time. It is the verification process. Just enter the 12 digit number again.
- After you have checked the number carefully, click on “submit.” This will successfully submit your Aadhar card details and if you have connected your mobile phone with this service, then you should get a success prompt on your mobile as well.
These details will stay with the bank. Once the banking official verifies all these details, they will also send you a confirmation mail, confirming that your Aadhar linking is successful. So keep checking your email address after a day or two.
Offline Process to Link
- Visit your nearest bank branch and ask for the details. You will most probably be asked to fill out a form for the same. In a few days, an online link may also appear for downloading forms.
- Fill out the details of the form and submit it with the suitable documents. You will be notified in your provided mobile number about the success of the linkage once it’s done.
- Insert the ATM card and then you PIN. It will show you several options, but there should be two options mainly – “Aadhar card linkage” and “Aadhar card Seeding.”
- You will choose “Aadhar card linking” option and follow the instructions given on screen. On successful linkage, you will get a confirmation message on the screen.
You can send your Unique ID [space]12-digit Aadhar number[space]account number to 56767 or 56161. If your Aadhar is already linked, you will get a message. If it is registered, then you will get a message to confirm the request. Follow the instructions on screen and register.
How will I know if my Aadhar is linked with my Atal Yojana account?
To link it with your Atal Yojana account, you have to carry out the aforementioned procedure with the bank account you gave to Atal Yojana. This means that if you have Atal Yojana account with SBI bank branch, then visit the SBI’s portal and carry out the process. After you have entered the details accurately, check whether it has linked in the following ways –
- Dial *99*99# from your mobile number: This will give you the details about the Aadhar linkage with your bank account. Simply dial this number without any other characters in between. Then give the 12 digit Aadhar card numbers. After that you will be given several options 1, 2, 3… to choose from. Choose option 1 “linking status”. After you press 1, you will again be asked to confirm your option. Press 2 to confirm that you want the linking status. Now you will see the option on your mobile screen. It will accurately tell you if the card is linked to your account or not.
- Visit official website of UIDAI: UIDAI will also have the information if your Aadhar card is linked with any of your bank accounts. So visiting their online portal will also help you check if you linked your desired account with Aadhar or not.
Go to this website https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-linking-status on this website enter the 12 digit Aadhar card number. After that enter the security code or the captcha accurately. Now just click on the “Verify” button. This will show the latest status info obtained from the bank. If it hasn’t linked, it will just display, Aadhar card not linked.
- Visit nearest bank branch: The age old method is to visit the nearest bank branch of course. Take your bank passbook and your Aadhar Card itself to the bank. The banking official may need your account number, so take your passbook and your Aadhar card number.
The procedure for linking is almost the same in all banks. However, there are slight differences in the documents required for each bank. Contact the bank for further details. It will help you get some insights into the easiest process for filling out as well.