Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana
Orissa state government, in recent times, have become more conscious about the betterment of the inhabitants of the state. The Chief Minister, Shree Naeen Patnaik, has recently stated that he will provide all the financial securities to the people who are being involved in the development of the state. Among all the construction labours are the one who are being highlighted by him. To make them secured after retirement the state government has introduced a new scheme namely Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana. In this scheme construction people who are unable to work now due to age (senior citizens) will get financial assistance from the government.
Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana – Key Features
- Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana also known as NSPY has been introduced by the Orissa government in the year 2016 on the month of September. The scheme will be funded by the state government of Orissa.
- NSPY is a pension plan under which people who were involved in construction work will be benefitted and get pension after 60 years of age. Those who are 80 years old will get more amounts.
- Under the scheme people who have lost their lives or who are differently able will also be considered as pensioners. Their wives will receive the amount in this case.
- As per the target of the project, nearly 25 Lac labourers will get the pension every month. The amount of the pension will be Rs. 300/- for the 60+ people and Rs. 500/- for the 80+ people.
- To avail the scheme one does not need to register under the State construction and Building welfare boards or any other boards for long 5 years. Unlike Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana, there is no such restriction under this scheme.
NSPY – Beneficiaries
The beneficiaries under the scheme are old people from the lower income groups. The people who were involved in construction work of any building or such. The labours who have reached 60 years of age or lost their lives or differently able and can’t work will be eligible for this scheme. In case of death, the wife will receive the pension amount.
NSPY – Benefits
- Under NSPY labours that are above 60 will get a fixed amount of money. Rs. 300/- for 60+ and Rs. 500/- for the 80+ aged people will be provided.
- As per the scheme once it will be started acting 5000 workers will be benefited immediately. Also the authority will be extended the registration process for 5 years more so that more people can get advantage of the scheme.
NSPY – Aim
The aim of the scheme is to give a better life to those workers who have contributed to the development of the state. This scheme will be provided social security to the 25 Lac construction workers of the state.
NSPY – Other facilities
Along with this scheme the state government has also increased the maternity subsidy amount from Rs. 8000/- to Rs. 10, 000/-. Also medical assistance to the workers with serious illness will be provided worth Rs. 3 Lac.
|Scheme||Nirman Shramik Pension Scheme|
|Launched by||State government|
|Launched on||September 2016|
|Beneficiaries||Construction labours above 60 years of age|
|Amount||Rs. 300/- for 60+ and Rs. 500/- for 80+ people|
- National Freedom Fighters Pension Scheme
- Pension procedure for gallantry award winners
- Atal pension Yojana