Manabik Prakalpa Scheme In West Bengal [Disabled Pension] @Rs2000 Pension, From , Eligibility
People of all sections make up this society. Leaving a certain section of the people behind will not pave the path for overall progress. People may suffer from physical disabilities due accidents or birth defects. Earlier, the society stigmatized such people, and thought them to be burdens. But the state authority of West Bengal has announced a new scheme that has been implemented for the betterment of people with physical and mental disabilities. Such applicants will receive a regular financial aid from the state coffers.
|Name of the scheme||Manabik Prakalpa Scheme|
|Launched in||West Bengal|
|Launched by||Mamata Banerjee|
|Date of announcement||3rd December 2018|
|Event||International Day of Disabled Persons|
|Target beneficiaries||Individuals with disability|
|Supervised by||Department of Women & Child Development and Social Welfare|
|Target Audience||Disabled Persons|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of disabled people – Individuals with physical disabilities, is also part of our society. With the implementation of this project, financial assistance will make such people independent. They will get some encouragement from the state.
- Total number of beneficiaries – The state government has highlighted that with this project, it will be able to offer financial assistance to as many as lakhs of disabled people. A whopping Rs. 250 crores will be shelled for the implementation of this scheme.
- Total pension – Each month, selected applicants will attain Rs. 1000 as a pension. This money will be offered by the West Bengal state authority.
- Bank transfer – All financial transfers will take place through bank accounts. Thus, it is mandatory for interested people to have an account in their name.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential criterion – The state government has highlighted that both legal residents and otherwise will be allowed to attain the benefits. Migrants who have been living in West Bengal for ten years or more will also be able to attain this aid. Applicants must submit their residential documents with the enrollment document.
- Financial criterion – The scheme also highlights that only those people will be able to attain the benefits that do not have more than Rs. 1 lakh as a yearly income. For this, applicants must attach their income certificates.
- Disability related criterion – Only those applicants will be able to get the financial assistance from the state government who have more than 40% physical deformity or disability. Thus, applicants must attach their disability certificates for authentication.
- ID proof – Candidates will also have to attach their Aadhar and Voter cards with the application form. Apart from this, each candidate must attach his/her recent passport sized snap with the form.
- Religion and caste certificates – The candidates have to attach their caste and religion certificates with the enrollment document.
- Bank account details – The financial will be transferred in the active bank account of the disabled person. Thus, applicants need to attach the photocopy of the first page of the passbook, issued by the bank. The account number, bank name, branch name and address are mandatory to process financial transfers.
How to get application form and apply for the scheme?
- All interested applicants will have to collect the application form. The state authority will not charge any fee for providing these enrollment documents. People will be able to get these forms both online and offline.
- Applicants can get this form from the office of the block development officer, district magistrate, municipal or Panchayat offices. Apart from this, people can also attain the document in a digitized format from the official page of West Bengal Department of Women & Child Development and Social Welfare.
- To get to this page, applicants will have to click on the link. http://wbcdwdsw.gov.in/User/wcdw_stat. From here, they must click on the scheme name, and get to the application document. Candidates may visit the link http://birbhum.gov.in to get access to the application form as well.
- Once the PDF format of the application form opens up, the candidate needs to download it.
- After downloading the enrollment form, applicants must fill in the details, and attach necessary documents with the form.
- These documents will be checked to verify the authenticity of the applicants’ claims.
- After this, applicants must submit the form in the respective offices for assessment.
Contact details of the scheme
People can attain more information about the scheme by dropping in a query main at email@example.com. Apart from this, people can call on the numbers 03462 259737 to get necessary details. The official address of the headquarters is:
2nd Floor, Room No. 315
Office of the District Magistrate & Collector
P.O. – Suri
Disabled people need all the support they can get. In case of significant disability, people cannot engage in any form of employment. With this financial assistance, the state will ensure that such people don’t suffer from the want to money.