Joy Bangla Pension Scheme in West Bengal 2020 (Amount, Eligibility, Application Form Download Online, Documents, SC, List)
Chief Minister of West Bengal is trying to improve the social and financial condition of the state and offer them security. After coming to power, CM has come up with several welfare schemes ensuring the financial and social status of the residents of West Bengal. During the budget announcement current year, the Finance Minister has promised to come up with a pension scheme. In this regard, the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme in West Bengal has been highlighted. Under this, the monthly pension will be offered to beneficiaries. Let us go through the following part of the article to know more about other relevant details of the scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
Name of the scheme
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
Date of announcement
Date of implementation
1st April, 2020
Old-age people belonging to a Schedule Caste group
Key features of the scheme
- Financial security of residents – As per government officials, the main aim of the scheme is to improve the social security of the poor people. This shall help to uplift the overall social protection of the state.
- Mode of payment – The beneficiaries selected under the scheme should have an active bank account for the pension scheme. The pension money will be directly credited in the linked bank account with the scheme. It will be done through the direct benefit transfer method.
- Pension scheme – By successful implementation of the scheme, it shall help to improve the financial condition of the state. With this, older people can buy medicines and meet other requirements.
- Pension amount – As stated by Chief Minister of West Bengal, each beneficiary will get a pension amount of rupees 1000.
- Frequency of payment – The grant amount will be given to the selected beneficiaries every month.
- Estimated beneficiaries of the scheme – After successful implementation of the scheme, 21 lakhs of an eligible candidate can get the monthly help from the scheme as has been stated by the government.
- Budget allotted – No such budget has yet been declared by the state government. But CM said that the finance department would take care of the finances required to arrange for better security of the residents of the state.
Eligibility criteria for the applicants
- Residents of the state – As the pension scheme has been launched in West Bengal, only the permanent residents of the state can avail it. Candidates from other states cannot take part in it.
- BLP group – Only the applicants belonging to the BPL group are eligible to get the benefits of the scheme. In case they cannot attain the criteria, they fail to enjoy the benefits.
- Age requirement – As per scheme guidelines, only the candidates who have attained the age of 60 can avail the benefits. Otherwise, the candidate cannot avail of the scheme benefits.
- Active bank account – The interested candidate should have an activebank account.
- Must not avail benefits under other schemes – In case, candidates are already enjoying pension scheme benefits from any state-sponsored funds, they should not apply for the above-mentioned scheme.
- Caste group –The candidate should mention their caste group at the time of registering for the scheme. As this is a financial welfare scheme, only the candidates belonging to the scheduled caste can apply for the scheme.
Documents necessary for application
- Domicile proof documents – According to the official draft of the scheme, the interested candidates have to produce official residential documents to prove that they are permanent citizens of West Bengal.
- Personal identification papers – The candidates need to produce copies of Aadhaar card, voter ID card, and the like as identification details at the time of registration for the scheme.
- Age certificate – As age criterion, the candidate must furnish a photocopy of the BPL certificate at the time of registration under the scheme.
- Caste proof – Only the candidates belonging to the SC group can apply, and therefore, they have to produce suitable certificates in justification of their claim for registration.
- Bank account details – As per the state government, the beneficiary should have an active bank account. They need to produce bank details like IFSC code, bank account number, branch codes, and the like. The beneficiary amount will be directly given in the account as a benefit of the pension scheme.
- Self-declaration –To avail the scheme benefits, the candidate should produce signed and authorized documents indicating that they do not receive a pension under any other state-sponsored scheme policies.
How to get enrolment form when registering under the scheme?
- Official portal of the scheme – To register for the scheme, one has to visit its official portal at http://www.jaibangla.wb.gov.in/. From this, candidates can know about the relevant features pertaining to the scheme and other information before they wish to avail of the benefits.
- Online application form – As the online portal of the scheme opens up, the digitalized version of the form is available on the home page. Upon clicking the right link, the form will open up on the screen.
- Form download – The form is available for download in the PDF format. Candidates have to click on the download option soon after which the download procedure will start. Once it is completed, the candidate can get a printed version of the form for future use.
- Form fill-up process–Candidate has to fill up the application form with different details. Along with this, they need to attach passport sized pictures.
- Attaching necessary documents–Here, the candidate has to attach the relevant documents required to check whether the candidate is eligible to avail the scheme benefits. Also, the documents will be verified by higher authority.
- Submission of the registration form –After the above said steps, the candidate has to click on the submit button to complete the procedure. It will be accepted by the SDO office. In case the candidate is in the municipal area, he or she can submit the document to the respective municipality office.
Therefore, the state government is trying all efforts for the successful implementation of the scheme in all districts of the state. This can help elderly people to live a peaceful life with the pension grant.
Other links –
- Mahatma Jyotirao Phule Shetkari Karjmukti Yojana in Maharashtra
- West Bengal Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana
- West Bengal Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana
- Manabik Prakalpa Scheme In West Bengal