Gopabandhu Sikhya Sahayata Yojana in Odisha 2019-20 [Application Form, Eligibility, Documents, Amount, List]
Most of the rural people do not possess the financial capability to arrange adequate money to meet the educational requirements of their wards. The state government has launched and implemented a new educational scheme that will offer financial grant to such students, who desire to continue their higher education in the colleges and universities. The Gopabandhu Sikhya Sahayata Yojana offers annual monetary help to the deserving beneficiaries. In this article, you will learn about the features, eligibility, necessary documents and the application process.
|Name of the scheme||Gopabandhu Sikhya Sahayata Yojana|
|Launched by||Naveen Patnaik|
|Date of announcement||2018 – 2019|
|Date of implementation||2019|
|Target beneficiaries||School students|
|Application process||Online enrollment|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of educational sector – The government of Odisha has implemented this educational welfare scheme to assist the students, hailing from financially weak categories.
- Encouraging students to pursue higher education – The financial assistance will encourage and motivate the applicants to continue their higher studies and pave the path for a better future.
- Financial grant – It has been highlighted that every beneficiary will receive Rs. 20,000 from the Odisha government as educational grant.
- Mode of payment – The beneficiaries will receive the money via DGT mode.
- Payment frequency – The state will transfer the grant money in the bank account on an annual basis.
- Courses – The applicants, who have already taken admission for graduate or post-graduate academic programs will be allowed to receive the financial grants.
- College types – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that students, studying in the government as well as private colleges will be allowed to get the perks if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Phase wise implementation – The Chief Minister of the state has highlighted that the implementation of the scheme will be done in separate phases. It will ensure proper grant distribution among the deserving beneficiaries.
Eligibility for registration
- Inhabitants of Odisha – Only the legal residents of this state will be allowed to partake in this scheme.
- Income criterion – It has been highlighted in the scheme that the monthly income of the family must not exceed the Rs. 10,000 mark.
- HIV affected parents – The students, whose parents suffer from HIV, will be considered eligible for application.
- Homeless applicants – If the students and their parents do not have a permanent house, then they can get the state grant to continue education.
- Destitute applicants – All families, falling in the destitute category can register for the scheme benefits.
- Applicants living with single mothers – If the responsibility of the student rests on a single mother, then h/she can enroll for this scheme.
- Tribal community members – If the applicant belongs to any of the registered vulnerable tribal communities, then they can enroll for the project.
- Manual scavengers – If the parents of the students work as manual scavengers, then they can get the benefits of this welfare scheme.
- Bonded labors – All applicants, whose parents were working as bonded labors will be permitted to enjoy the perks of this scheme.
- Bank account access – If the applicant does not have an active bank account, then he/she will not be able to acquire the financial grant.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – Only such applicants, who possess legal residential documents will be permitted to apply for the perks of this scheme.
- Family income certificate – The applicants need to furnish a document that supports their family income claim.
- Parents’ medical certificates – If the applicant’s parents are HIV positive, then the submission of the medical reports is a must.
- Homeless certificate – If the applicant lives in a shelter home that is meant for the homeless people, he/she must submit a certificate that needs to be issued by the Revenue department.
- Single mother certificate – The Social Welfare Officer of the respective district will issue a certificate for the applicants, which live their mothers. This certificate will assist them to acquire the perks of this scheme.
- Destitute certificate – If the applicant falls in the destitute categories, then he/she needs to attach a suitable certificate with the application form.
- Manual scavenger certificate – If the candidate’s parents are associated with manual scavenging activities, then the submission of a certificate, issued by the state government is mandatory/
- PVTG certificate – If the applicant belongs to a certain tribal community, then he/she needs to furnish a PVGT certificate that has been issued by the respective District Welfare Officer.
- Bonded labor certificate – If the applicant’s parents are released bonded labors, then he/she needs to issue a proper certificate from the District Labor Officer or District Welfare Officer.
- Identification documents – It is imperative that the interested applicants submit a copy of their Aadhar cards. The card details can assist then state official to make the necessary background checks.
- Bank account details – Apart from these, the applicant need to furnish documents, which provide the state authority with the necessary bank account details.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
- Online application – The interested applicants need to log in on the official portal of the Higher Education Department.
- Applicant form – Once they land on the http://dheodisha.gov.in/web/latestNews.aspx?ID=233 portal, they can gain access to the online form.
- Form fill-up – The candidate needs to fill in the digitized form online and submit it via the same portal.
- Scrutiny – The documents and the forms will be scrutinized by the state education department officials and then the beneficiary list will be finalized.
Can a beneficiary be disqualified?
Many people take undue advantage of the state sponsored projects. The state government will conduct scrutiny from time to time. It will help the authority to detect the fraudulent candidates. If they find that the applicants do not meet the necessary criteria, then the Odisha government has the right to disqualify the beneficiaries.
The implementation of this scheme will help the financially weak applicants to get proper education. The scheme focuses on changing the current educational situation of the state. The success of the project will enhance the overall literacy rate of Odisha. The Chief Minister has also announced that the state government will take the necessary steps to ensure proper distribution of the project funds.