Atal Pension Yojana in ICICI Bank
Almost all of us now in India are aware what Atal Pension Yojana is all about. It is a social welfare scheme launched by government of India to ensure that all Indians above the age of 60 years get at least some pension for their living.
The scheme is certainly not for government employees or those who are already enjoying pension scheme, however, there is a majority of population in India who are not covered under any pension benefit and APY would certainly help them a better and secured old age.
The scheme has been effective in India since the first week of June 2015 and almost every bank is participating in offering an Atal Pension Account for the eligible citizen. In order to get enrolled under Atal Pension Yojana, a subscriber should be between the ages of 18 to 40 years and should be an Indian Citizen.
ICICI Bank is one of the largest private sector banks in India with a major share of population having banking relationship with the bank.
Follow these steps to open Atal Pension Yojana account in ICICI
- Visit any of the ICICI bank branch and ask the executive for the application form for APY. You can also download the form from internet and fill it accordingly.
- Ensure that you fill the form thoroughly since it has three sections and is a comparatively lengthier form.
- Although, it is not mandatory, however, if you have an Aadhar number, please remember to mention that in the form.
- You also have to mention your saving bank account and provide relevant details like its account number, branch, and name on the account and put your specimen signature for auto-debit from your saving account.
- Fill your working mobile number through which your APY account would be mapped for further correspondence.
- The bank would also provide a KYC (Know your Customer) form, that you need to fill
Once you have filled relevant details and attached desired documents, you can submit it to the executive who would open the Atal Pension Yojana account under your name. You can check additional details about the scheme from our other articles on the scheme on this website.
Last but not the least, once you account is opened, you should ensure that you maintain a minimum balance in your saving account so that your premium is auto-debited without any hassles every month.