Atal Pension Yojana in HDFC Bank
The popularity of Atal Pension Yojana is well known to all of us now. The central government of India has high hopes from the scheme and is leaving no stone unturned to make it a grand success and thus, provide a stable and secure old age to the citizens of India. The scheme is particularly relevant to citizens who are not currently under the ambit of any social security and empower them with a financially sound old age.
The scheme was formally launched in India in June 2015 by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Almost every public sector bank and most of the private sector banks are opening accounts for Atal Pension Yojana. In order to subscribe under the scheme, the desirous person should be an Indian citizen and fall between 18 to 40 years of age. The subscriber starts getting pension after 60 years of age and thus the minimum a subscriber is required to contribute is for 20 years.
HDFC Bank is one of the major players when it comes to private banks in India. It has a huge customer base. As a result of its popularity, it too would be opening accounts under Atal Pension Yojana. If you are interested in subscribing to Atal Pension Yojana in HDFC bank, simply follow the below mentioned steps:
- As of now, there is not much information for Atal Pension Yojana in HDFC bank online. Still, you can check out the application form online. Alternatively, you can visit your nearest HDFC branch and get the hard copy of the application for APY.
- One you have go the form, you simply have to fill the form neatly and attach relevant KYC documents with the form.
- Although, Aadhar number is not really compulsory, however, if you have it, it is better to attach.
- Choose the pension that you would like to get after your retirement. The more amount of pension you would choose while subscribing to the scheme, the more you would have to pay as a premium every month.
- You would also be required to furnish your banking details. That has to be your saving bank account. This is required since an auto-debit would be made to the scheme for premium payment every month.
Once you have filled the form and attached all of the above KYC documents, it is time you should take all these papers to your nearest HDFC bank branch and ask the executive to open an Atal Pension Account for you. If they are not aware of the scheme or are reluctant to open the account, you can get in touch with the manager, who would surely help you out.