Aasara Pension Telangana eligibility Criteria and Application Process
The Aasara pension scheme has been released by Telangana government with the aim of looking after the welfare of the society. It also looks for the security and safety of the poor people. Therefore, the main aim of the implementation of the scheme is to look after and improve the condition of the vulnerable section of the society.
By help of this pension scheme, the basic daily needs of the poor people can be met. The Aasara pension scheme will give substantial financial assistance to some specific categories of the society. The categories of people who are eligible to get benefits under this scheme are Old and infirm, people with HIV-AIDS, widows, incapacitated weavers and toddy tappers.
Amount to be given to different sections of society
|SL. No||Category||Monthly pension amount (in rupees)|
|2||People with HIV-AIDS||1000|
Eligibility criteria for old aged
- The age of the person should be 65 years of age and above
- Both Vulnerable and Primitive groups are eligible. In addition, one person from every family is permissible, especially women
- Homeless and houseless people living residing in temporary informal houses and the ones living in urban areas are included
- If the house is run by old people who are widows or terminally ill or physically disabled of 65 years and above without any support from society
- People such as landless agriculture laborers, rural craftsmen people living in slum , people earning their livelihood on daily basis in the informal like coolies, porters, hand cart pullers, rickshaw pullers, fruit sellers, flower sellers, and others living in both urban and rural areas
What is the eligibility Criteria for Widows?
- When widows are applying for Aasara pension they should be of 18 years of age and above
- It includes both primitive and vulnerable groups. Also, women heading any households with no other source of income in the family
- Only widow women is eligible to get pension under this scheme
- It includes people like landless agriculture workers, rural artisans, people living in slums, persons dependent on daily work in sectors like porters, rickshaw pullers, coolies, fruit and flower sellers and other living both in rural or urban regions.
- It include homeless and houseless people living in temporary huts in urban areas
- Families run by disabled or person widows should be 65 years or above
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Weavers?
- Weavers applying under this scheme should be within the age group of 50 and above in order to get benefits under this scheme.
- Single person of the family can get the benefits under the scheme. Both primitive and vulnerable tribal individuals can opt for benefits.
- By profession the person should be working in the weaving sector However, weavers from either rural or urban areas are included
- Homeless people living in temporary houses both in urban areas
- Families run by widows or ill persons or disabled ones should be of age 65 years or above without any societal support.
What is Eligibility Criteria for Toddy Tappers?
- To get benefits under Aasara Pension, the Toddy Tappers should be between 50 years of age and above
- One person from one person is eligible to get benefits under this scheme
- Person should be in Toddy Tapping by profession both in rural and urban areas. Also, people from primitive and vulnerable tribal groups are included
- Families run by widows or ill persons or disabled persons of 65 years or more without any other earning individual in the family are included to get benefits under this scheme
- For Toddy tapper, the benefit will be given only after pension verification. This will help to know that the verification number is registered with the pension authority or not.
- Families living in temporary establishments especially in urban areas.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Disabled Person?
- The Disabled Person can avail benefits from Aasara pension irrespective of age
- The scheme includes people from primitive and vulnerable tribal groups
- Families run by women and there should not be any able bodied person in the family
- For the ones with hearing problem, minimum disability level should be 51%.
- People working in landless agriculture workers, rural artisans, people living in slumsand working in informal sector
- People who are homeless living in temporary houses in the urban areas.
- Disabled person who are of 65 years of age and above with no other earning member in the family are eligible to get benefits under this scheme
What are the documents Required to apply for Aasara Pension?
For proper sanction of the pension benefits, the applicants have to submit the following documents for proper verification.
- A photograph of the candidate
- Aadhaar card details
- Details of Savings Bank account including IFSC code. The IFSC code can be either from the bank or the local post office.
- Any age proof document including marriage certificate can also be produced.
- For widows, Death certificate of husband should be produced. In case death certificate is not available, Panchayat Secretary will conduct an inquiry of the same and submit a report. The death certificate should be submitted within next three months to be uploaded in the system.
- The Toddy Tappers have to submit relevant photocopies of registration of this scheme to the Cooperative society.
- Weavers should produce a Xerox copy of registration as Co-operatives society of the weavers.
- Persons with disabilities up to 40% will get SADAREM Certificate. In addition, people with hearing impaired51% should also be included.
How to apply for Aasara Pension?
- First, the applicant has to download the application form from the official portal of the scheme. In addition, the application is available from MeeSeva Centre nearby.
- The applicant has to fill up the application form with correct details and provide and documents mentioned previously.
- The candidate has to give the application form to the Gram Panchayat secretary or the village revenue officer in the rural area. It can also be given to the Bill collector in the urban area.
- After online process of the application and proper verification by Municipal Commissioner and District Collector, pension card will be given with photograph of the candidate on the application.
How to search Aasara Pensioner Details?
- First, you have to visit the homepage of the official website http://www.aasara.telangana.gov.in/SSPTG/userinterface/portal/loginpage.aspx of the scheme.
- After this, you have to get Aasara Pensioner Details from the search menu.
- After clicking on the link, it will redirect you to the main page. Here, you will get the option to enter pension ID and then search for the required details.
- Without the pension ID, as an alternate method can be used to get access to the pensioner detail.
- After this, you have to select District, Mandal, Panchayat details from the drop down menu that comes up.
- Then you have to enter your name along with head of family’s name. Then you have to click on search.
- Soon after this, details of the pensioner will be displayed on the screen.
Disbursal of Aasara Pensions
According to the Aasara pension, disbursement will be done from 1st to 7th date of every month. In case of larger municipalities, pension amount will be given in bank accounts of the beneficiaries. For the ones living in rural areas pension amount will be debited in the local banks available. The deposit can be done in the post offices as well. Therefore, the disbursement will be done only with the help of biometric authentication.
- Pravasi Dividend Pension Scheme Yojana in Kerala
- Acharya Balshastri Jambhekar Sanman Yojana (ABJSY) in Maharashtra